Sunday, July 5, 2009

Just had a talk with Hilde about when I'm leaving (like what time in the morning) to see if she could give me a ride. It turns out she won't even be in town when I leave. Schade.

Had to say one of my first meaningful goodbyes today (well there was one before) and I can't say I liked it. Things are wrapping up here in a very real way. I pulled out some American money the other day so a friend could show some bills to some kids at her internship and I realized that pretty soon it will be my money again. The talk amongst our group has started to shift slightly back to America as people begin to move back and we attempt to maintain contact with one another. I'm even writing a giant research paper on Kant and Obama and America and the new Media and Yes We Can and then I remember I've missed a huge chunk of his first year as president.

I do miss America though, I really do. It's just that I've just started talking to people in my classes, having slightly more extended conversations, become a regular at various döner establishments. You know the drill.

While I'm writing this post the Byrds's "We'll Meet Again" is playing and it's really weird.



I'll come back, I know it. Somehow I'll get back here, when I'm young and still crazy.



This isn't goodbye yet though, I still have two weeks left. Granted I have to spend most of them writing, but still. I am going to enjoy the fuck out of those two weeks. Just you watch.


*edit* no matter how hilarious it gets, I don't think I'll miss the people screaming bloody murder outside my window at like 10 at night and till about 4 or 5 in the morning depending on when they get arrested or pass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment